If you have therapy or counseling related stories (we keep them anonymous), therapists you'd like to recommend, or articles related to counseling or therapy that you would like promoted for FREE - please email webmaster@the-online-therapist.com and we will get them posted to the-online-therapist.com within 24 hours!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Will I need therapy after this is all over?

I have just started a Masters in Mental Health Counseling from Walden University, and a major reason for this is for me to feel both self-fulfilled and more self-sufficient.  I am one of those women who has spent many years resigning from jobs in favor of my husbands (now 'ex') career.  I have been the proverbial transient employee.

I would now like to feel I am bringing more to my own relationship table than just a warm personality, fairly good parenting and culinary skills, and a few other 'unmentionables'.  I am no domestic goddess it has to be said!  So, I have a game plan.

I plan to use my experience in marketing to do some shameless 'self-promotion'.  This will all be focused on career related interests via a variety of social media and online methods (Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and my website).  My ultimate aim is to have a large number of followers online, interested, as I am, in mental health, counseling and therapy, to include areas such as child and adolescent counseling, marital and family therapy, addiction therapy, grief counseling (to name just a few!).

If I succeed, what will my life look like in 3-4 years time?  Well, I will have saved up enough money to build a small separate consulting building on my property, and I will be providing counseling services both from my office and online.  I am seeking a rewarding counseling career combined with balance for my family.  The question is - can it be done, and will I make it?


No comments:

Post a Comment